Covid 19 Policy
The safety and well being of the John Hartford Memorial Festival Family is of utmost importance. We suggest that all follow suggested guidelines with the CDC. Click Here to learn more via the CDC [ https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/ ]
Per current local guidelines, The John Hartford Memorial Festival will not require any health entry requirements for the June 2022 festival. Organizers encourage all to continue to take care of each other by testing before you arrive to the John Hartford Memorial Festival, and to wear a mask if you are not vaccinated. If you test positive for COVID-19 (within 5 days of the festival, on or after Saturday May 27th -30th, 2022) please do not attend and contact us through our website, www.hartfordfest.com to learn about your ticket refund options.
COVID-19 Warning You must follow all posted instructions while attending The John Hartford Memorial Festival. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending The John Hartford Memorial Festival, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Please be kind and help keep each other healthy.
Download The Program Guide
The festival gates will open at 9am ET on Wednesday June 1. RV camping prior to June 1 will only be allowed in the RV hook up area and only by those with reservations for sites with full hookups only, as prior to the festival the park will be open to the public for trail riding use. Call the Lawrence County Recreational Park office at (812) 275-0186 if you have full RV hookups and plan on arriving before June 1st. Please be aware there are two towns in Indiana called Springville. The Lawrence County Recreational Park is located between Bloomington and Bedford in central southern Indiana.
- The Lawrence County Recreational Park is a private entity, and we will have a private security team on site throughout the event.
- Please use caution on the small roads approaching the park. The roads are curvy with tight turns. The Sheriff’s Department will be patrolling the area so please travel at or below the speed limit.
- Gates and ticket booth will open for festival attendees starting on Wednesday morning June 1 at 9 am and will be open each night until 10 pm. Late arrivals will be directed to an area to park until gates open the following morning. Volunteers who agree to help with setup may arrive on May 31.
- All attendees must enter through the front gate when first arriving and when returning from any outings.
- Fires will be allowed in all camping areas. Those in grassy areas must be off the ground in fire pits only. Firewood will be available to purchase, outside firewood is prohibited to help prevent the spread of invasive pests.
- All campsites without full hookups are unimproved and most are on freshly mowed grass. Please bring your own tables and fire pits.
- Bring plenty of cash as there most likely will not be an ATM on site.
- We are asking those with car camping passes to please leave your cars parked at your campsite. There will be parking for golf carts only around the stages. If you anticipate having to make multiple trips out of the park, please leave your vehicle parked in the free parking lot near the gate.
- You must have a certificate of liability insurance on any golf cart or ATV that is brought onto the festival grounds.
- The closest stores are about 5 miles away near the highway and include a gas station-convenience store and a dollar General. Bedford is the closest town with grocery and big box stores about 10 miles away.
- There are two shower houses which will be open 24 hours and are free. One is next to the full hookup RV park and the other is in the front corner of the Hartford Town festival field.
- Please use as little water as possible to clean up as all wastewater must be hauled away and we pay for it by the gallon for disposal. We have done our best to keep the festival affordable and this is one way you can help.
- Water container filling will be available on the back side of the Hartford Town shower house. There are also multiple hose outlets located near the full hookup RV area. Please arrive with your RV water tanks full as we will be escorting each RV to their campsite on arrival and will not have time for you to stop and fill your tanks.
- We will have a family camping area with a quiet zone of 11PM to 8AM curfew. The family camping area will be located around pavilion #9 on Higgy’s Way in a beautiful meadow surrounded by woods.
- Generator Policy: “Quiet” enclosed Inverter types only. Must be rated below 65 decibels. Generators must be located at least 40 feet from any tent. Construction type non enclosed generators are not allowed and will be confiscated if found in use. We seriously want this to be a peaceful event with only the sound of music in the air.
- Golf cart shuttles will be running throughout the park daily from 9 am to 1 am.
- Ice will be for sale at the event near the ABATE office. We will have limited hours which will be posted at the sale site. We will also be selling ice around the campground from a golf cart.
- We will have a first aid and information booth that will be open in the vending area from 1 pm to 1 am. This will be located near the artist merchandise tent.
- Please support the artists! Buy their record, pick up their T-shirts, buy a sticker. These folks travel thousands of miles to entertain you. Show them your appreciation by buying their swag on site. Buying artist merchandise is one of the best ways to support their livelihoods.
- Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash at all times and picked up after. Any pet that creates a disturbance will be delt with appropriately which could include sending back to your campsite or being asked to leave the property.
- We ask that you leave all firearms at home. Fireworks and drones are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed inside any tent or structure, or in any seated concert areas.
- Any questions regarding tickets should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org Otherwise contact email@example.com if you need help.
When Do Tickets Go on Sale?
The 1st and 2nd tiers of Discounted Full Festival Tickets are gone! They flew of the shelf like a steam powered Aereo-Plain and in record time. 3rd tier Full Festival Tickets are now on sale.
Tickets are now on sale and on Thursday Dec, 16th we released the first tier of 500 Discounted 4-Day Early Bird Tickets exclusively to those on our email list. Our ticket prices are structured in tiers. Once a tier sells out, the 4-Day Early Bird ticket price will increase to the next tier, regardless of the date. Single day tickets are now on sale. Click Here to buy tickets. Need more information about the tickets? Click Here.
In addition to festival tickets, RV passes are also available for purchase. The new location features a mix of RV sites with electricity and water, just electricity, and primitive RV camping. Please make sure you read up on all our camping options prior to purchasing camping by Clicking Here. Free primitive tent camping is included will all full festival passes. Just when you think it can’t get no better than it does.
Can I bring my vehicle into the campground?
Free Parking will be provided at the park entrance. A car parking or RV pass will be required for any vehicles entering the park beyond the free parking lot. A total of 200 car parking pass stickers will be sold. Parking passes are $25.
We ask all cars parked at campsites inside the park to stay in place throughout the festival. If you are anticipating needing to travel during the festival please park in the free parking area at the entrance. This is for everyone’s safety.
May I bring my own golf cart or ATV?
Yes, you may bring your own golf cart, ATV and/or 4-wheeler. Proof of liability insurance will be required for all golf carts or other motorized vehicles. We will be registering all vehicles allowed into the park including these and requiring you to purchase a pass for each. If you bring you own golf cart or ATV you will be required to purchase a pass sticker. Each pass is $25 and only 100 will be sold.
Will golf carts be available for rent?
A limited number of golf carts will be available to rent in advance from Cunningham Golf Carts. If you would like to reserve a golf cart call Cunningham at (502) 244-9244 or Click Here. You will not be required to purchase a pass sticker for rented golf carts. Proof of insurance will be required for all golf carts and ATV’s brought in by others. Golf carts passes are not needed for carts rented from Cunningham Golf Carts.
Will the ATV/Motorcycle trails be open during the festival?
No. All trails will be closed to motorized vehicles.
I'd like to bring an RV. What should I expect?
RV Park sites 1 to 70 have 30 or 50 amp options with standard RV outlets The all electric only sites are 20 amp and may require up to a 100’ power cord and adapter to standard outlet for 20 amp. Sites in Hippy Valley must enter and exit by way of a long steep gravel hill and may not be suitable for large RV’s. Your vehicle will require an RV pass to enter the park if it matches any of the following descriptions; is towing a travel trailer, is over 22’ long, has a holding tank for waste water. The park has dump stations for RVs. Learn more about camping at the festival by Clicking Here.
How do I get my band booked to play?
Where is the festival located?
Lawerence County Recreational Park 99 Moore Ln. Springville IN 47462
Click Here to visit our Directions Page
Who do I call about camping at the festival?
Camping questions may be answered by visiting our camping page. You may also send us a note using the contact form on this website or by using Messenger on our official Face Book page.
When can I show up?
Wednesday June 1 at 9 AM the gates will be open. Volunteers and staff may arrive on Tuesday May 31.
What are the gate hours? What if I arrive really late/early?
The festival gates will open at 9am ET on Wednesday June 1. RV camping prior to June 1 will only be allowed in the RV hook up area and only by those with reservations for sites with full hookups, as prior to the festival the park will be open to the public for trail riding use. Call the Lawrence County Recreational Park office at (812) 275-0186 if you have full RV hookups and plan on arriving before June 1st.
I'd rather not camp on site, do you suggest a local hotel?
Bedford is the closest town and has quite a few hotels. There are also numerous hotels in Bloomington. Our host hotel is the Hampton Inn in Bedford.
Do I get my money back if it storms?
This festival is rain or shine. No refunds. Come prepared for all four seasons.
What about showers?
Free 24 hour hot showers.
Where is the closest place to get supplies and groceries?
We will have ice and fire wood on site. There are multiple small stores 5 miles away on 37.
May I bring my own alcohol?
Yes, as long as you are 21+. Over intoxication may result in your removal from the premises. We will have a full bar on site and you must be 21+ to consume alcohol in Indiana.
May I bring my dog?
Good dogs are allowed and must be kept on a leash at all times. If your pet is disruptive you will need to remove them from the public. We expect you to pick up after your pet.
What if I lose something?
Lost and found will be at the artist merchandise tent.
What about recycling?
We are a green festival. We know all too well the benefits that come from recycling. This year we will be recycling aluminum cans only. We have asked our food vendors to use biodegradable plates, cups and utensils.
I'd like to volunteer!
There is a link on the website to apply.
What will be going on besides concerts?
Workshops, jamming, kids activities, a pot luck breakfast on Friday and lots of just being in the great outdoors!
If you have any additional questions please drop us a line by using the contact section of this web site.
We have earned the title, “The Most Laid Back Festival in America” for a reason. This is the one festival where your entire family and pets, can gather in peace and ease. We have a good vibe feeling to go with our great music so here are a few basic guidelines we can all do that will ensure everyone has a great time.
Share the air- Smoking is a privilege, not a right. Fresh air is a right, so please, everyone, respect the air space of your non-smoking friends. We ask that there be no smoking in the seated concert areas. Please step away from others prior to lighting up.
Speaking of air space- for the safety and privacy of our campers, the use of drones during JHMF is strictly prohibited except by our authorized photographers.
Please, no glass allowed in the concert areas. This is for everyone's safety at present and in the future.
Festival chair policy and etiquette- We will allow you to leave your chairs overnight in concert area. We ask that in exchange for having your chairs left in place that you allow others to sit in them if they are empty. If you are in someone else's chair please rise and thank them for allowing you to use their chair.
Recycle- Keep up the good work and use the bins and bags provided for all recyclables. Hey, rather than walk around or step over that trash on the ground, why not pick it up and put it in the can! Green and Clean leads to feeling really good! Yep, cigarette butts are litter too.
Friendly pets are to be kept on a leash at all times. Please pick up after your pet so nobody steps in it!
Alcoholic Beverages- Consumption by anyone under the age of 21 is strictly prohibited. Over indulgence will not be tolerated and could result in removal from the property.
Illegal Substances are not allowed anywhere on the festival grounds.
Golf carts are not to be operated by anyone under age 16.
Operating a golf cart or any other vehicle while under the influence or in a wreckless manner on festival grounds is strictly prohibited and could result in removal from the property. Headlights must be used on golf carts from dusk till dawn.
The physical location of the festival is:
99 Moore Ln. Springville, IN 47462
12 miles southwest of Bloomington
The park is located west of state highway 37 between Bedford and Bloomington.